ABOUT THIS EPISODE
For the 47th episode of our Wedding Industry Insider podcast, I had the privilege of sitting down with the incredible (and undeniably hilarious) Terrica Skaggs—an awarded event planner, industry speaker, and KnotPro Educator with over 14 years of experience to her name.
Terrica is the founder of Cocktails & Details (a luxury destination wedding planning and event design firm based out of Brunswick, Georgia) and The White Lounge (a curated collection of the Golden Isles’ most sought-after wedding professionals). She has taken to the stage to share her wisdom with the wedding-planning world at Wedding MBA, Catersource, and WedAtelier—and she acts as a contributing board member of the North American Academy of Wedding & Event Planning.
As the founder of two successful wedding-planning businesses, a working mom of four, and wife of a deployed soldier, Terrica is the queen of setting business boundaries. In this interview, she opens up about the importance of avoiding burnout (while still staying highly productive) and shares her top tips for achieving that ever-elusive work-life balance.
Here are some of the key points Terrica addresses:
- Key signs to recognize oncoming burn-out
- Strategies for building effective workflows for your business
- The difference between being busy and being productive
- The best way to increase productivity while avoiding burnout
- Understanding how much mileage your business is putting on the rest of your life
- The importance of instilling and enforcing boundaries as a planner
- Defining the difference between clients securing a service vs. securing a person
- Her number-one piece of advice for wedding industry professionals
To hear Terrica’s insightful interview, press the play button below. And don’t forget to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
Thank you, Terrica, for sharing your invaluable industry insight and incredible authenticity with our Timeline Genius community!!Show Notes: