ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Garrett Moon is the CEO and Co-Founder of CoSchedule, a popular editorial calendar that helps you plan, promote and execute your marketing strategy. Ranked as the best business tool built by a startup on Entrepreneur.com, CoSchedule helps more than 7,000 marketing teams stay organized in more 100 countries around the world.
Garrett has a new book out called the 10x Marketing Formula, Your Blueprint for Creating Competition-Free Content That Stands Out and Gets Results.
In this episode, he and I have a candid conversation about his 10x formula. He tells us we can take advantage of Twitter by using it more when it comes to publishing and resharing content. And that too many times we forget to keep that steady drumbeat going on Twitter. So that’s where the 10x formula comes into play. You’ll hear his strategies, that when applied, will help you get 10 times the results.Episode Highlights:
- Garrett’s Twitter tips:
- #1 thing people need to be doing to really take advantage of Twitter is using it more, publishing more and sharing more.
- Don’t undervalue how often you can share and re-promote on Twitter. Use it as a channel to constantly create a stream of attention to your evergreen content.
- One thing Garrett thinks people forget to do is keep that steady drumbeat going on Twitter. Don’t let it become under-prioritized.
- Garrett talks about ways to boost your content and engagement on Twitter by using the 10x marketing formula.
- Re-share your content on social media using a consistent schedule. Create a re-sharing plan.
- Garrett shares a 10x example: we wrote a blog post that got a 500-600% increase in engagement just by resharing it on a consistent schedule. We created a resharing plan so every time we publish a new piece of content, it goes out 60 days into the future.
- CoSchedule has a tool called ReQueue that finds good times to re-share evergreen content and it fill the gaps. In his book, Garrett calls this “smart-o-mation.”
- Social media is always evolving. Experiment with emojis, GIFs and videos. Send out 25 different social messages from one piece of content.
- When it comes to analytics on Twitter, look at your overall engagement. Look at your content to see how it’s converting. You want activity from your audience and ultimately your click-throughs. And be sure to look at your overall activity.
“#1 thing people need to be doing to really take advantage of Twitter is using it more, publishing more, sharing more.”
“There’s a real 10x marketing formula and we look at how you multiply the results that you’re getting from different marketing activities by 10 times.”Tools, Links and Apps Mentioned:
- TweetDeck – manage Twitter profiles
- CoSchedule – editorial calendar, try it free for 14 days
- ReQueue by CoSchedule – social automation intelligently designed to react, recalibrate and re-promote at just the right time (try free for 14 days)
- Headline Analyzer by CoSchedule – write headlines that drive traffic, shares, and search results (free)
- Social Message Optimizer by CoSchedule – create powerful social messages that convert (free)
- Garrett’s new book: 10x Marketing Formula: Your Blueprint for Creating Competition-Free Content That Stands Out and Gets Results (download chapter one for free!)
- Join my new private Facebook group. It’s called Madalyn’s (Shhh!) Private Secret Club. You’ll get a bonus tip from Garrett on 10x Projects vs 10% Projects. This is available only in this group.
Check out Garrett’s new book 10X Marketing Formula. You can get the first chapter for free! His formula will show you exactly what to do to achieve tenfold marketing results. Read it and tell me what you think by sending me a tweet @MadalynSklar. I’d love to hear from you.Share Your Love For This Podcast:
Want an easy “one-click” way to Share Your Love for this podcast? Go here: www.madalynsklar.com/love to post a tweet.Show Notes:
We take the notes for you during the podcast episode. Go to www.madalynsklar.com/twittersmarter53