ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Bob Pruss has been working online teacher while listing rooms on Airbnb in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Starting will little to zero knowledge about either path he has been able to truly earn a proper living.
During this episode, Bob will share how he was able to obtain quick success with his online teaching and Airbnb rentals. Find out how he legally rents out units and ways you can start your own listing with a very low cost. Listen to some of the terrible booking stories and compares other platforms like Tripadvisor, Agoda, and Booking.com. Listen to the end to see how Bob keeps this process sort of a hands-off operation.
- Teach English Online: Start Here
- Ep 136 - Airbnb Rental Arbitrage and Fishing in Chiang Mai with David Dang Vu
- Ep 82 - eBay Dropshipping Success with David Dang Vu
- Nomad Summit: NomadSummit.com
- Invest Like a Boss Podcast: InvestLikeaBoss.com
- Renting an Apartment in Chiang Mai - How to Rent Monthly Accommodation in Thailand
- 02:38 - Bob's introduction into the education system
- 08:44 - Working for Sprouts and choosing your hours
- 11:18 - eBay drop shipping method startup and profit tips
- 15:04 - “That one room got me 62,000 baht total in profit from one year” - Bob Pruss
- 17:45 - Legally renting through Airbnb in Thailand
- 21:45 - Expanding to many listings & high vs low season
- 24:05 - Tripadvisors vs. Agoda vs. Booking.com vs Airbnb
- 28:10 - Terrible booking stories and experiences
- 30:43 - Starting your own listing with super low cost
- 31:55 - “The first five reviews are the most important” - Bob Pruss
- 40:21 - “At the end of 2018 I made a total of $14,030 USD” - Bob Pruss
- 42:33 - Keeping the job hands off
- 50:56 - Buying vs renting units
Enjoy this episode? Share it with friends!