ABOUT THIS EPISODE
In Part Two of this special edition of the show the author, educator, book coach and founder of Author Accelerator, Jennie Nash, returned to go deeper on tools and strategies for writers on the winding, sometimes daunting journey, to finishing your big, scary book.
"Writing a book is a noble endeavor, it does something no other art does." - Jennie Nash
Jennie started her career in publishing at Random House and has over 30 years experience in all facets of the industry. She also taught at the UCLA Extension Writers' Program for 12 years and has spoken at writing conferences across the country.
She's the author of seven books including a self-help book for writers – The Writer's Guide to Agony and Defeat (Amazon) – and has written hundreds of magazine articles for national publications.
For nearly a decade now Jennie has been coaching authors "from inspiration to publication" (including Lisa Chron, author of Wired for Story and Story Genius, and Sam Polk, author of For the Love of Money: A Memoir), helping them to land top New York agents and book deals with major publishers.
As the founder of Author Accelerator, described as "A personal trainer for your writing life," she and her team of book coaches now provide writers the blueprint so often lacking in the traditional publishing world ... including the tools, nurturing, and encouragement needed to finish their work and get it into the world successfully.
In a serendipitous turn of events, after this interview Author Accelerator became a sponsor of this show, and I'll tell you all about a resource they've created just for listeners of this show during our chat.
This conversation is tailor-made for writers just starting out or well along on your journey to publish.
If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click subscribe to automatically see new interviews.
Audible is offering our listeners a free audiobook with a 30-day trial membership. Just go to audibletrial.com/writerfiles and browse the unmatched selection of audio programs – download a title free and start listening. It’s that easy. Go to audibletrial.com/writerfiles to get started today.
If you missed the first half of this show you can find it right here. And if you’ve missed previous episodes of The Writer Files you can find them all in the archives at writerfiles.fm, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you tune in.In Part Two of this file Jennie Nash and I discussed:
- Why there is no such thing as a truly "original story"
- How book coaches keep up with trends and best practices across multiple genres
- Why authors need to understand the universe they're writing in
- The key to getting the most out of your investment in writing retreats, conferences, courses, and coaching
- The three top reasons writers want and need to write a book
- And why you have a duty to take the risk, be intentional, and persevere and write your book
- Author Accelerator
- The Writer's Guide to Agony and Defeat: The 43 Worst Moments in the Writing Life and How to Get Over Them by Jennie Nash (Amazon)
- For the Love of Money: A Memoir by Sam Polk
- Wired for Story: The Writer's Guide to Using Brain Science to Hook Readers from the Very First Sentence by Lisa Cron
- Daisy Jones & The Six: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Author Accelerator on Facebook
- Jennie Nash on Twitter
- Author Accelerator on Twitter
- Kelton Reid on Twitter
- Please click the PayPal Donate button to support The Writer Files with a secure PayPal donation