ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Even though the topic of today’s episode isn’t necessarily exercise-related, it would be safe to say it gave me a bit of a workout this past week. Imagine paying $12 for something, then you find yourself struggling to put it on, only to have it rip.
Now, because I didn’t have time to go to the store for another pair, I put some clear nail polish on the rip and hoped they would hold out for the next few hours until I could take them off and throw them away. Women, you probably know what I’m referring to. Men, don’t worry, there’s a version for you that’s available that, after a Google image search, is now painfully seared into my mind.
You’re listening to The Story Behind: The Extraordinary History of the Ordinary. I’m your host, Emily Prokop, and this is The Story Behind Pantyhose.
(By the way, the men’s version is lovingly referred to as “mantyhose.”)
- Get your very own copy of The Story Behind Book!
- Check out Emily’s other podcast about her weight-loss journey, Hate to Weight!
- Join The Story Behind Discussion Group on Facebook to talk more about the show and submit your own trivia!
- Follow The Story Behind: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Website
- This episode was brought to you by The Story Behind Executive Producers
- 50 Years of Pantyhose - Smithsonian
- Who Invented Pantyhose? - ThoughtCo
- Before Pantyhose Were a Curse, They Were a Revelation - Racked
- The History of Pantyhose - TheInventors.org
- History of Pantyhose - Boing Boing
- Celebrity Invention: Catwoman's Booty-Accentuating Pantyhose - The Atlantic
- Pantyhose mystery on Lakeshore - Grand Haven Tribune