ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Every time I use the subject of today’s episode, my husband is quick to point out how I shouldn’t. He loves to tell me about all the injuries this common household item causes, and as much as a lot of what I do depends on my hearing, I can’t help but continue to use it now and again. And I’m sure you do too.
You’re listening to The Story Behind: The Extraordinary History of the Ordinary. I’m your host, Emily Prokop, and this is The Story Behind Cotton Swabs.Let's get social!
- The Story Behind Discussion Group: TheStoryBehindPodcast.com/Facebook-Group
- The Story Behind Facebook Page: TheStoryBehindPodcast.com/Facebook-Page
- The Story Behind on Instagram: TheStoryBehindPodcast.com/Instagram
- The Story Behind on Twitter: TheStoryBehindPodcast.com/Twitter
- $1 Patreon Executive Producers — Extra monthly episode and thank you on an upcoming episode of The Story Behind.
- $5 Patreon Executive Producers — Benefits of $1 Executive Producers + Access to the MUSE series as it unfolds.
- Click to Support: TheStoryBehindPodcast.com/Patreon
- About - A Q-Tips Cotton Swab History - Qtips.com
- The strange life of Q-tips, the most bizarre thing people buy - The Washington Post
- 1927 Q-Tips ad
- 15 Swab-Worthy Facts About Q-Tips - Mental Floss
- The Marketing of Q-Tips—A Brief History - Ear Audites
- Cotton Swabs Send 34 Kids to the ER Every Day - Live Science
- What a New Study on Cleaning Your Ears With Q-Tips Should Teach Every Entrepreneur - Inc.
- Why It Feels So Damn Good to Stick a Q-Tip In Your Ear - Men’s Health
- Just How Bad Is My Q-Tip Habit? - Vice.com
- 17 Genius Uses for Q-Tips You’ll Want to Use All the Time - Reader’s Digest
- 14 Ways You Never Thought to Use Q-Tips - BobVila.com