ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith is an author, speaker, and board-certified physician. She has an active medical practice in Alabama (near the Birmingham area). Dr. Dalton-Smith is a national and international media resource on the mind, body, spirit connection and has been featured in Women's Day, Redbook, and First For Women magazine. She is the author of Set Free to Live and Come Empty (winner 2016 Golden Scroll Nonfiction Book of the Year and 2016 Illumination Award Gold medalist). She is a member of the Christian Medical and Dental Association and a repeat keynote speaker at their annual gathering. She has shared her tips on merging faith and medicine with over 16,000 health care professionals to encourage the current and next generation of doctors to treat the whole person.
I wanted to Dr. Saundra to come on the show to talk about her new book Sacred Rest. This is a really eye-opening conversation that provides a ton of insight into 7 different types of rest and why each is important. Dr. Saundra’s work goes much deeper than just the need for sleep. I think this conversation will be just the permission you might need to incorporate more types of rest (and joy!) into your daily life.
Listen in to hear Saundra share:
- How ⅔ of the population is sleep deprived
- The truth behind highly functional, high producing women (hint: low joy, low quality of life)
- The difference between sleep and rest and why you need both
- The 7 types of rest - sleep is only 50% one of the types!
- How to use flow break cycles to have the work rest ratio to recover the energy you need to have energy during all waking hours
- How to have rest periods even in the midst of family/kid chaos, as well as model rest to your kids
Quiz: Rest Quiz
Website: I Choose My Best Life
Book: I Choose My Best Life
Twitter Handle: @DrDaltonSmith
Facebook Page: Dr. Saundra Dalton – Smith
Thank you to our sponsors:
Swanky Badger: You can go create your own personalized Father’s Day gift today by going to swanky badger dot com, forward slash SHAMELESS and you’ll get 10% off your first purchase. That’s Swanky Badger.
KiwiCo.: Visit KiwiCo and get your first crate free!
My Intent: Go to My Intent and use code SHAMELESSMOM for 30% off until May 31.