ABOUT THIS EPISODE
This week, LC geeks out with Sylvia Monreal, creator of @comosedicenerd, over The Terminator films. It’s an extra-huge episode to contain our extra-huge feels, including:
- The Terminator as humanity’s case for existence
- The man in the machine, the machine in the man: Where does Kyle Reese – or Sarah Connor – end and the Terminator begin?
- Dissecting the hell out of that love scene
- Why The Terminator and T2 have to be watched together
- Why the rest of the franchise never quite achieves what the first two movies did (SPOILERS for Terminator: Genisys starting at 55:35)
Plus: Daniel Jose Older’s Shadowshaper; whitewashing heroines in YA fiction; Sunset; and Tales of Xillia!
Main topic starts at: 21:56
No emails this week
If you’d like to leave us a comment, question, or maybe just some good old-fashioned hatemail, send us an email at info (at) hjcast [dot] com.