ABOUT THIS EPISODE
This week, Amazon’s new robots can replace its warehouse workers, San Francisco bans facial recognition, spyware in your systems right now (and how to fix it), new stuff from Google's I/O web developer conference, and much more.
- Exclusive: Amazon rolls out machines that pack orders and replace jobs
- San Francisco Bans Facial Recognition Technology
- Silicon Valley will soon get its own stock exchange
- Update WhatsApp now to avoid spyware installation from a single missed call
- Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla release patches for ZombieLoad chip flaws
Audible Book of the Week
- Future Histories: What Ada Lovelace, Tom Paine, and the Paris Commune Can Teach Us About Digital Technology By Lizzie O'Shea
- Sign up at AudibleTrial.com/TheDrillDown
Music Break: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift
- Supreme Court deals Apple major setback in App Store antitrust case
- It’s Time to Break Up Facebook
Music Break: Let's Stay Together by Al Green
The Drill Down Video of the Week
Geeks Of Doom’s The Drill Down is a roundtable-style audio podcast where we discuss the most important issues of the week, in tech and on the web and how they affect us all. Hosts are Geeks of Doom contributor Andrew Sorcini (Mr. BabyMan), marketing research analyst Dwayne De Freitas, and Vudu product manager Tosin Onafowokan.