ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Have you ever felt guilt, shame or embarrassment after a binge where you overindulged with food? The weight of guilt can feel so heavy after letting yourself enjoy a long weekend, a holiday or celebration. It's an icky feeling that can weigh on you and distract you from other things in your life. Guilt steals our joy and our light and prevents us from moving forward. On today’s episode, Jessi shares some tangible strategies for releasing guilt and why it's so necessary to release guilt. She also discusses why guilt is a useless emotion when it comes to food and why you should accept the fact that you’re an imperfect human.
In this episode:
- The guilt that comes with overindulging
- Feeling out of control when it comes to eating
- How useless the emotion of guilt is when it comes to food
- Figuring out how to release guilt in a tangible way
- Calming the fear that came with overindulging
- Extracting a lesson from the experience
- Knowing that challenges lead to breakthroughs
- Discovering what lessons you can learn from the behaviors about yourself
- Examining what preceded the binge and writing it down
- Taking positive action to help us feel a sense of momentum
- Empowering yourself as an imperfect human
- Knowing that you aren’t stuck forever
Join me for The Food Freedom Breakthrough Masterclass. This class is for those who know they want to improve their relationship with food and their body, but are afraid of spiraling out-of-control and want a proven, step-by-step system to go from feeling crazy around food to normal again!
You can either live your life at war with your mind or learn to work in sync with it. If you’re ready to work in sync with your mind and evolve your life, welcome to The Dear Body Podcast! Our mission is to help driven women have an easy and effortless relationship with food and unshakeable self-confidence in their own body. Make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode & learn more about us here!