ABOUT THIS PODCAST
Spanning the globe to give you the constant variety of Prog. The thrill of mellotrons. And the agony of the 80s. The musical drama of epic compositions. This is Soundchaser. The Professor will host three hours of music selected from the history of progressive rock, the 1960s to the present. The main feature of every broadcast will be at least an hour of symphonic progressive, the boldest, most robust flavors prog has to offer. The program will feature many varietal selections as well, from fusion, progressive ambient, psychedelic, eclectic progressive, RIO, folk, and crossover progressive. The program is for the discerning and daring connoisseur of progressive rock. Relax. Open the aural palette. Delights to follow.
since April 23, 2018
The Sound Chaser Progressive Rock Podcast takes to the ether once more. This show is the fifth of my annual birthday present to myself shows when I unwrap some of my very favorite pieces of progressive rock and related music. It’s not all the old classics. No. Here I have music from the wide range that is prog. There are acts you probably know about, but some that you may not know about but might like to know more about.
1. Manning - Old School, from The Root, the Leaf & the Bone
2. Vangelis - Chung Kuo, from China
3. Vangelis - The Long March, from China
4. Shadowfax - Lucky Mud, from Folksongs for a Nuclear Village
5. Ain Soph - Suite: Hat and Field, from Hat and Field
6. Frank Zappa - Don't Eat the Yellow Snow, from Apostrophe'
7. Frank Zappa - Nanook Rubs It, from Apostrophe'
8. Frank Zappa - St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast, from Apostrophe'
9. Frank Zappa - Father O'Blivion, from Apostrophe'
10. Passport - Horizon Beyond, from Second Passport
11. French TV - That Thing on the Wall, from The Case Against Art
THE SYMPHONIC ZONE
12. Starcastle - Lady of the Lake, from Starcastle
13. Asia - Parallel Worlds/Vortex/Deya, from Phoenix
14. Stanley Snail - Siberian Khatru, from Tales from Yesterday [compilation]
15. The Enid - Cortege, from Touch Me
16. Strawbs - Words of Wisdom, from Deadlines
17. Proto-Kaw - Gloriana, from Before Became After
18. Renaissant - South of Winter, from South of Winter
19. Dice - Alea Iacta Est, from Dice
20. Premiata Forneria Marconi - Geranio, from Per un Amico
LEAVING THE SYMPHONIC ZONE
21. Godley Creme - An Englishman in New York, from Freeze Frame
22. Heart - Soul of the Sea, from Dreamboat Annie
23. Arti e Mestieri - In Cammino, from Tilt
24. California Guitar Trio - The Marsh, from Whitewater
25. Mads Eriksen - The Greatest Sacrifice, from ME
26. Zamla Mammaz Manna - Ödet, from Schlagerns Mystik
27. Loreena McKennitt - Caravanserai, from An Ancient Muse
errata: In the podcast, the Stanley Snail song is reported to have been released in 1985. It was, in fact, released in 1995. We apologize for any distress this mistake may have caused to the band or to the listeners. Crisis counselors are standing by.