ABOUT THIS EPISODE
In episode #1029, we discuss 7 tasks you shouldn’t outsource. Tune in to hear what you really need to keep in-house.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Marketing Tasks You Should Never Outsource
- [00:35] 1: Data science.
- [01:05] You need to personally track your numbers, otherwise you will have trouble reaching goals.
- [01:20] 2: Podcast recording.
- [01:30] Record in-house, because you can’t rely on the quality of outsourced audio.
- [01:52] 3: Copywriting.
- [02:50] 4: Video.
- [03:08] The videographer will be working on other things and won’t be focused on your project.
- [03:45] 5: Chat bots.
- [04:03] If you and your team respond to the chats, you’ll have a better conversion and customer satisfaction rate.
- [04:46] 6: Experimentation.
- [04:55] Anyone can run tests for you, but only you know what you really need to test.
- [05:25] Don’t outsource innovation.
- [05:56] 7: Social media.
- [06:10] You need to know what’s going on there and interact with your clients in a substantive way.
- [06:27] That’s all for today!
- [06:33] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: