ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Today we talk about the importance of self compassion, how to build it, and it's connection to recovering from addiction and unhealthy behaviors.
- How to describe self compassion (courageous love towards yourself - offering yourself trust, respect, and radical acceptance at a time you feel you deserve it least )
- What healthy relationships are made of
- How to find your way towards self compassion
- The impact of mindfulness and visualization
- Why building "self-esteem" doesn't work
- Why addiction is an abandonment of ourselves
- What urges are telling you
- Why self compassion is not a transaction
- Searching for "Loving Kindness" meditations on Insight Timer and YouTube
- Everything You Think You Know About Addiction is Wrong by Johann Hari
- In the Realm of the Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate
Disclaimer: The podcast and artwork embedded on this page are from Shena Tubbs, which is the property of its owner and not affiliated with or endorsed by Listen Notes, Inc.
Thank you for helping to keep the podcast database up to date.