ABOUT THIS EPISODE
I was inspired by a quote from Captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise.
That’s Star Trek for those of you that aren’t hip to the jive. The quote is: “You either believe in yourself, or you don’t.”
This quote inspired me for a podcast episode and one of my daily social
media posts. This podcast is all about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of
Happiness. What could be more core to living a flourishing life and
discovering happiness than believing in yourself?
We have been told many times as a child or young adult to “Believe in
Yourself”. But what does it really mean? In this episode we explore the
idea in depth.
It’s easy to find yourself in periods of self-doubt where you are your own
biggest critic. Where you are tearing yourself down. Where you are absolutely not believing in yourself. At the same time, on the opposite end of the spectrum is where one may be living a false reality bragging to the outside world that they are better than they actually are. We discuss finding that sweet spot where you are comfortable in your own skin, where you understand your skills and experience, and where you are ultimately living in reality.
We cover San Diego State Aztecs Head Basketball Coaches Steve Fisher and
Brian Dutcher, San Diego Padres rookie pitcher Chris Paddack, Ralph Waldo
Emerson, Vincent Van Gogh and the 2010 Poway National Minor A Champion Phillies.
John Riley Project Info:
- Bookings? Inquiries? Contact me at https://johnrileyproject.com/
- Donations: https://www.patreon.com/johnrileyproject
- Sponsorship Inquiries: https://johnrileyproject.com/sponsorship/
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJJSzeIW2A-AeT7gwonglMA
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrileyproject/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/JohnRileyPoway
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/johnrileypoway/