ABOUT THIS EPISODE
- BDNF stands for Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and it is a protein found in the brain.
- BDNF is important for long-term memory because it creates new neurons in your brain.
- BDNF is also found in the retina, kidney, saliva, prostate, motor nerve cells, and muscle.
- It is very important to our brain health and low levels of it can lead to Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Dementia, and Depression.
- Listen to this podcast to learn some of the different ways to improve your body's production of BDNF.
Go to my website - HealthyTipsAfter50.com for more information, links, and to get my Healthy Tips e-book.