ABOUT THIS EPISODE
In This Episode You Will Learn About:
- What inspired Scott to start CharityWater
- Sending images of human suffering to an e-mail list of party contacts
- Why we need to give to find happiness
- Cutting through political differences for the common good
- Sharing your story to inspire others
- Getting recurring revenue for a charity
- Learn more: charitywater.org
- Instagram: @charitywater
- Read: Thirst
- Donate here: charitywater.org/fortheloveofmoney
I have been looking forward to sit down and talk with Scott Harrison, founder of Charity Water and author of the book Thirst, for quite a while. When I read that book, I could not put it down. His story, from a wild upbringing to his young life and what led him to building one of the biggest charities on the planet will inspire you. He lives out the motto of this podcast: when good people make good money, they do great things. He founded Charity Water in 2006, and since then has raised more than $350 million, creating clean drinking water for nearly 10 million people. You are going to feel so inspired and so dang good after listening to this episode.
- What was the transition like from club promoter to working on Mercy Ships?
- Did you think “What did I do?” or was it a relief?
- In your party years, did you have a gut feeling that this was not fulfilling?
- Do you think we need a form of contribution to be happy in the long run?
- Why give my money to charities solving problems overseas when there are so many problems at home?
- What is one of the most positive moments of generosity in your experiences so far?
- Why did you write the book Thirst?
Earn Your Happy is a production of Crate Media