ABOUT THIS EPISODE
In This Episode You Will Learn About:
- Building a business while building a family
- Communicating well within their relationship
- Bret’s gambling addiction + facing financial pitfalls
- Creating and maintaining boundaries
- How they want their children to view success
- Hiring out help to maintain balance
- The importance of giving
- Learn more: chalenejohnson.com ; pushjournal.com ; delegateordie.com
- Instagram: @chalenejohnson ; @bretjohnson11
- Read: Strong Fathers Strong Daughters by Meg Meeker ; Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy
- Free training videos: fortheloveofmoney.com/free
- Money Principles
I cannot wait for you to listen to today’s episode because I had the honor of sitting down with the incredible power couple, Bret and Chalene Johnson. Chalene Johnson is a lifestyle and business expert, motivational speaker, and podcast host. She and Bret Johnson, her husband of over twenty years, are the founders of the SmartLife movement. Today, Bret and Chalene run a fun loving, collaborative team focused on helping others live a healthier, more simplified life through their online academies, membership sites, and live, sold-out seminars. In our conversation today, we talk about all things relationships, business, success, parenting, and SO much more. This episode has value in every moment, and I am so excited to share it!
- How did you raise children while raising a business?
- Did you know back in college that this is what your life would look like
- How did you learn to communicate some of the “unsexy” things going on in the backend of your business?
- How did you pull your financial hardships together and work through them?
- How did you create, build, and maintain the boundaries you now have?
- In what ways can people become more comfortable with delegating?
- Why is giving back and generosity so important to you?
- How do you want your kids to view money?
New York Times Best Selling Author of Push, Chalene Johnson is a lifestyle and business expert, motivational speaker, and podcast host. She and Bret, her husband of over twenty years, are the founders of the SmartLife movement. Today, with her husband, Chalene runs a fun loving, collaborative team focused on helping others live a healthier, more simplified life through their online academies, membership sites, and live, sold-out seminars.
Chalene, with the help of top dietitians, doctors, researchers and experts, she founded the 131 Method - a nutritional coaching program that’s turning the diet industry upside down. Chalene’s new book The 131 Method just came out in April 2019. She hosts two top ranked podcasts, The Chalene Show and Build Your Tribe, Huffington Post recognized Chalene as one of the “Top 50 Female Entrepreneurs to Watch.”
Bret Johnson began his career as a Quarterback at UCLA and Michigan State University, and later finished his career in the CFL with the Toronto Argonauts and a quick stint with the Atlanta Falcons. Bret preserved his love and passion for football by coaching his son’s High School Football team at Mission Viejo High School with his father and brother, Rob Johnson. Now, he continues to apply his love for coaching to his clients and staff.
With his wife Chalene, Bret has built and sold several multimillion-dollar lifestyle companies and helped countless people to do the same. Today, Bret runs lifestyle, business and personal development companies Team Johnson and SmartLife, Inc.
Bret manages the day-to-day operations of the business including business strategy, forecasting, new product development, event planning, employee management, financial operations and logistics for all things Team Johnson and SmartLife.
The SmartLife PUSH Journal is a culmination of the goal setting techniques developed and practiced by both Bret and Chalene. You can also find Bret inside the 131 Method as one of the featured chefs. He is well known for his turkey burgers, sweet potato hash, guac, and bone broth recipes.
Bret will be the first to tell you that his greatest accomplishment to date is raising his two amazing children with Chalene and their ability to truly be partners in business, partners in parenting, and partners in life.
Earn Your Happy is a production of Crate Media