ABOUT THIS EPISODE
On today’s episode of the Financial Independence Podcast, I’m very excited to introduce author Cal Newport!
I’ve been a huge fan of Cal’s writing for many years so it was a treat to get to talk to him.
We explore many important issues related to early retirement that aren’t often talked about so if you’re thinking about retiring early (or if you already have and are struggling to build the life that you envisioned before leaving work), today’s episode is a must-listen!
- Why pursuing your passion is overrated
- How to love your job
- What is “Focused FIRE” and why it’s likely the best option
- How to get good at something valuable
- Why you should replace relaxation with difficult, meaningful activity
- The importance (and increasing rarity) of deep work
- Why skillful management of attention is the key to a good life
- How to perform a digital declutter
- The importance of high-quality leisure activities
- Why technology could be ruining your personal life and how to stop it