ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Divorce is a huge leap of adjustment that requires you to set new boundaries in your relationships with your ex, children, coworkers and other people. Boundaries are not walls. Boundaries are your stance for action - the decisions you’ll make, what you’ll do and the outcome of your choices. You use this to avoid pain and suffering coming into your life.
Traci Scherck is a Retention Strategist/ HR Consultant who works with organizational leaders to create the space for every employee to go home every night fulfilled in the work that they do. In the divorce process, there are so many things that women can't control. But the one thing they can is establishing boundaries.
In this episode, Traci teaches us how we can set boundaries in our personal lives and in the workplace. Reminding us to thoroughly think what boundaries we are setting and how are we going to ensure that we follow through on these boundaries to love and respect ourselves.
Visit [email protected] for a FREE 20-minute strategy session and The 5 steps to Create Boundaries that lead to a Fulfilling Life.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- How to set great boundaries in every aspect of our lives.
- Creating clarity around what we want out of the situation.
- Difference between an output and an outcome.
- The 3 areas when it comes to setting boundaries: Time, Energy & Resources.
- The Key Communication Principles and its importance.
- Learning to say NO when it doesn’t align with your values and goals.
- A strategy that uses our stand to make quick decisions.
- The importance of always going back to basics.
- Simple does not mean easy.
- Keeping your distance and having a certain amount of space is healthy for your relationships.
Boundaries are a function of self-respect and self-love. - Brene Brown
Every boundary you set is about respecting and loving yourself. You can’t love others without loving and embracing yourself first.
Retention Strategist/ HR Consultant SPHR, SHRM-SCP, MPA, NHA
Visit The Women's Financial Wellness Center for a full directory listing of experts.
Be sure to reach out if you would like to connect personally with The Women’s Financial Wellness Center. You can visit our website at https://www.womensfinancialwellnesscenter.comor grab a complimentary 30-minute consult at http://bit.ly/dashboardwfwc.