ABOUT THIS EPISODE
A firefighter out of college, Cody Shirk’s expertise in finance is self-taught.
Today he’s a full-time investor and the founder of Explorer Equity Group (EEG), a global alternative asset manager that works to capitalize on investment opportunities off-the-beaten-path.
With investments in industry household names including Kush Bottles and Regulated Solutions, Cody’s latest non-mainstream investments lie in - you guessed it - cannabis.
In this episode, Cody shares his insights on the future of cannabis and advice for both entrepreneurs and investors looking to break into the industry.
Follow Cody at https://www.explorerequity.com/canna
- Cody’s background in investing and how he came to start Explorer Equity Group and Explorer Partnership
- Ongoing propaganda against cannabis and how the industry is working to improve public perception
- The cannabis businesses Cody has invested in thus far, including Kush Bottles and Regulated Solutions
- What Cody looks for when investing in cannabis businesses and his advice to startups seeking funding
- Cody’s outlook on startup investment and the price of cannabis over the next 1-2 years
- Asia and South America’s developing economies and the exciting investment opportunities within
- Cody’s tips on how entrepreneurs should go about approaching investors as well as ways investors can determine the best entrepreneurs to get behind
To learn more, visit: https://www.explorerequity.com/canna