ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Goodreads co-founder Elizabeth Khuri Chandler talks to billionaire philanthropist Melinda Gates about her new book "The Moment of Lift" and about the books that have shaped her life. Melinda talks about her spiritual journey, the common frustrations she works to overcome, and being willing to show your vulnerabilities as a leader. And she's sounding the alarm about the risks of women being left out of the process of developing AI technologies. As the co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation she's had a hand in saving millions of lives, through education, health, and vaccination programs. Her top books are:
- Awakening Joy by James Baraz and Shoshana Alexander
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo
- Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead by Brene Brown
Disclaimer: The podcast and artwork embedded on this page are from Elizabeth Khuri Chandler, which is the property of its owner and not affiliated with or endorsed by Listen Notes, Inc.
Thank you for helping to keep the podcast database up to date.