ABOUT THIS EPISODE
A data-driven approach. Cutting-edge technology. A rethinking of the traditional corporate reporting structure.
We’re willing to bet you wouldn’t associate these concepts with surfing. But Ru Hill is not an ordinary surfer. He’s a scientifically-minded entrepreneur who has used these ingredients to build an extraordinary business called Surf Simply in Nosara, Costa Rica.
In this episode, Ru reflects on why more than 30% of his guests are repeat visitors (that’s 10X the industry average!) and reveals how he’s been able to improve the customer experience by focusing less on the customer… and more on his 35 team members.
You’ll be blown away by Ru’s explanation of the Peter Principle and how he’s avoided this trap by doing away with a hierarchical reporting structure. He also explains why paying someone more doesn’t necessarily improve their performance. And listen up for the one thing entrepreneurs often get wrong about social media marketing.
So, with guests on a 12-month waiting list, Ru plans to massively scale—right? Listen all the way through to hear what he plans to do next. And subscribe so you won’t miss a show!In This Episode We Cover:
- How Ru got started on his business and story behind it
- What A/B testing is and how it's helped him
- What artists should do at a young age
- Tips for finding the right employees
- His secret to getting repeat customers
- How to find the right coaches
- Why he doesn't do performance-based pay
- Whether you should scale a business or not
- The factors that make a satisfying life
- And SO much more!