Reverend Jesse Jackson has been advocating for diversity in tech since 1999. Since then, the percentage of people of color and technical women have actually declined. Leslie Miley, engineering leader, joins me to take a step back and ask the hard question of “Is This a Lost Cause?”
- About Leslie: https://twitter.com/shaft
- “Tech's Invisible Workers”: http://www.siliconvalleyrising.org/TechsInvisibleWorkforce.pdf
- Steve Job's “Here's to the Crazy Ones”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAVW-jLRLE8
Enough talking about the problem! How do we change the status quo? Rachel Williams, Head of Diversity from Yelp, joins me to talk change, honing in on people managers, and why.
- Follow Rachel at @heymsrachel
- Essentialism: http://gregmckeown.com/essentialism-the-disciplined-pursuit-of-less/
Diversity in tech has been a hot-button issue for the last few years, but what *is* diversity anyway? I mean, aren't we all diverse at the end of the day? I talk with Nicole Sanchez, VP of Social Impact at Github and OG tech diversifier, about dad issues, what we've already lost, and how to think about diversity in tech.
- Follow Nicole at @nmsanchez
- Nicole's piece on Medium: https:[email protected][email protected]f4jme