This Week in Amateur Radio #1005
Here is a summary of the news trending this week, June 02, 2018 This week's edition is anchored by George Bowen, W2XBS, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too the week) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:14.10
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1005
Trending stories in this weeks news service:
1. FCC Denies Petition Aimed at Preventing Interference from Digital Repeaters to Analog Repeaters
2. Politico Article Raises Visibility of Amateur Radio Parity Act Progress, Challenges
3. Five new Section Managers are declared elected
4. MARS Urging Members to Use Computers that are Air Gapped from the Internet
5. South Africa Gets 100 kHz Band at 5 MHz
6. Radio Amateurs to Swap Spots on International Space Station (ISS) Crew
7. Eagles Guitarist Joe Walsh, WB6ACU, Promotes Amateur Radio in Media Announcements
8. WRTC 2018 Reports All Sites Perfect
9. Amateur Radio Emergency Service Teams Activate for Weather-Related Events
10. Ambitious Arizona STEM Planetary Rover Project is a Winner
11. Threat to key part of 70cm ham radio band in Belgium
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige KK5DO
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report w/ WB8IMY
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes for you to legally
identify your station.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too on your favorite digital device. You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device directly from our own web site. Visit us today at www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio. Or, send an email to our Executive Producer at [email protected]
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.