In episode three of the Echo ONE podcast, hosts Justin and Blakely dive into the technology innovations that make the digital workspace work.
Following closely on Apple’s announcement of its smaller iPhone SE, Microsoft’s Windows 10 Anniversary preview and VMware’s Workspace ONE launch, we’re all trying to figure out: how do all these pieces fit together?
Subscribe and listen to Echo ONE on Soundcloud, iTunes, Google Play Music.
Sumit Dhawan, senior vice president of desktop products for VMware End-User Computing, joins the show via Skype to shed some light on the mystery of the digital workspace and the technology that makes the digital workspace work. He talks about:
• The tug of war between user demands and IT requirements
• IT’s new career path, thanks to the transition to the mobile-cloud era
• How the consumerization of IT is increasing in influence for business technology decisions
• IT and employee demands for the digital workspace: consumer simple, enterprise secure
• The new innovations that make single sign-on, enterprise apps catalog and unified endpoint management possible
• How technology is integrating into a single platform to deliver a better experience to employees and a more secure, manageable solution for IT
Have more questions about the tech that makes the digital workspace work? Connect with Sumit on Twitter @sumit_dhawan or tweet the show using #EchoONE. We could even feature your tweet on an upcoming episode.
You can also get all the latest digital workspace, mobility, virtualization and tech news at workspacecentral.com.
To learn more about this episode’s sponsor, VMware Horizon 7 and Horizon Air, the platform that enables the industry’s fastest, easiest and most affordable application and desktop delivery, visit http://www.vmware.com/products/horizon-view/.