When traffic drop issues started hitting my inbox early 2017 – I was perplexed. These weren’t the typical link penalties, thin content or panda algo issues.
There was something different going on here. By March/April of 2017 I’d seen enough of these issues, and along with other SEOs started connecting the dots.
In June I then published a 10-minute little episode called “The Email“. In this episode, it describes a different sort of SEO problem. A new breed of SEO which relates more to UX, usability, and distracting navigation content.
Now – one year later – it’s more clear than ever. UX, usability, accessibility – are CORE essentials of modern SEO. I’ve seen sites get crushed in the last year with these issues.
That’s why I invited today’s guest – Kim Krause Berg – onto the show. She is an expert in usability, UX and accessibility. In fact, she provides these services TO SEOs.
Here are a few of many things covered in this great discussion!
* What SEO in 1996 Looked Like!
* Are browser and device emulators good?
* What to ask site testers
* Verbs vs Nouns
* Why accessibility helps SEO
* Colorblind? What color to avoid most
BuzzSumo – One of my favorite tools for coming up with content ideas, finding people who share content in an industry, and tons more (like alerts to keep an eye on your competitor’s links). Also, check out their new Question Analyzer Tool (formally Bloomberry – just launched within BuzzSumo!) Listen to the show for a special code to get 30% off BuzzSumo for 3 months.
Related Episodes You Might Like
* The Email
* Proven Conversion Boosting Tips w/Liston Witherill
* The Definitive Rules of Mobile SEO Success w/Ashley Berman Hale
Show Agenda and Timestamps
* Show Introduction [0.21]
* Kim’s Introduction [1:38]
* What was Kim doing on the early web during the late 90s [1:45]
* How did Kim build websites in the late 90s [2:31]
* What was SEO like back in 1996 [3:21]
* How has being a journalism major impacted her UX career [4:08]
* Are there situations when you should “bury the lead” [4:48]
* Software QA Testing background [5:33]
* What is “human factors” [6:57]
* Defining Accessibility, Usability and User Experience [8:22]
* Usability [8:43]
* User Experience [8:57]
* Accessibility [9:37]
* Kim is usability consultant- what types of work is she doing and how does she measure success? [11:05]
* Usability and UX [12:57]
* It should only take 3 seconds to communicate what the webpage/website is about. Why is that and how can websites do this better [13:16]
* Tools and processes Kim recommends for testing purposes [17:13]
* How the navigation can help with the conversion funnel [21:30]
* Content types and common mistakes [24:16]
* What are most people doing wrong with video [27:05]
* Sponsor Break BuzzSumo with discount code!! [27:51]
* Example of the website did a bad with usability and what we...